College Office Home

FHS College Office

Welcome to the Flushing High School College Office!
We are here to help guide you and your parents/guardians through the College and Post- Secondary Plan process! You will find all the information you need to complete your applications from start to finish. 
College Office Information
Room 195E
Google Classroom Code: Tg5uyyi
Flushing High School CEEB Code for Applications: 331925


Staff Information

Ms. Summers - Guidance Counselor and College Counselor

she/her/hers - University at Albany, Manhattan College

Max Miller - AAFE College Counselor

he/him/his - Colgate University, Columbia University

Youth Leaders -

2022-2023 Youth Leaders (FHS): Keshari, Manveer, Min, Yaneyra, Yi

They work in the College Office to help you! If you have questions about colleges or the application process they are a great resource to ask for help.

Miwa - AAFE Youth Counselor + CASTLE Program Lead (Available only on Thursdays)

she/her/hers - Binghamton University, Study Abroad: Sorbonne University in Paris, France

CASTLE is an after school program for 11th and 12th grade students that focuses on leadership, college + career readiness, stress management/wellness and volunteering. We meet once a week on Thursdays, after school from 4-5:30pm.

If you or someone you know is interested in joining, please email me:

College and Career Pathways Center (College Office)

Our College Office offer support for all our students! Please visit their page here for more information.

Scholarships & Financial Aid

Students, and parents, are often intimated by the financial aid process. Flushing High School offers support for students every step of the way through this process. Flushing Hosts a Financial Aid Night for students and parents. In addition, our CBO partners AAFE and college advisor, work individually with students needing additional support. Subsequent workshops are held for students and parents to assist them through the entire process. Find out more below!

Do you need money to go to college?

You probably need to fill out the federal government’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid, better known as the FAFSA. This is the first step if you want financial aid from the federal and state government or most colleges. Filling out the FAFSA can be intimidating. Don’t worry: the College Office is here to help!

The FAFSA is an online form designed to take you step-by-step through the questions you need to answer. There is also a great hotline to call for help. As you fill out the form, you can speak with an expert at 1-800-433-3243 who can give you good advice on any question you have. (Some people prefer to fill out the FAFSA on paper and mail it in. That option is available. The FAFSA hotline can help with this as well.)

If you have questions about the FAFSA:

Call the FAFSA hotline at 1-800-433-3243. Call this number for advice on filling out the FAFSA form and for help on other federal financial aid issues. Experts are available to answer your questions Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Eastern Time).

The government also provides useful information about the FAFSA and other financial aid options on its Federal Student Aid website.

Planning to file your FAFSA online?

You and your parents will need to get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) so that you can all sign the form electronically. Sign up for a FAFSA PIN today.

Financial Aid Links:

Immigrant Resources

Check out the FHS Guidance Page for support services for immigrant families. On this page you will find scholarships and other resources related to post-secondary options.

Attention Seniors:

There is a scholarship specifically for undocumented students which can pay up to $25,000 in books & fees. Any high school senior who is planning to attend college in the fall at one of the partner colleges is eligible.

*DREAMers came to the United States as minors, have graduated from U.S. high schools or earned a U.S. high school equivalency but lack a legal status. This prevents them from accessing any federal aid to help pay for their college education. In order to apply for THEDREAM.US Scholarship, DREAMers must be DACA eligible and have applied for or received DACA approval. Non-U.S. citizens who have received an official Temporary Protected Status designation form the United States may be eligible in certain circumstances.





·         Check the Virtual College Office Google Classroom daily and READ EMAILS FROM COLLEGE OFFICE STAFF

·         Complete the SUNY and Common Application if Applying

·         Create a FSA ID to complete the FAFSA. Please list the schools you have applied to on the FAFSA

·         Apply for TAP after completing the FAFSA. Complete the TAP Application for NYS based AID

·         Completed the CSS Profile if needed for your colleges

·         Upload Essay to Application websites (CUNY, SUNY, Common App)

·         Enter Recommender information to each Application Website